Pest Control In Wilmington, DE
The largest city in Delaware, seated at the confluence of the Christina River and the Brandywine River, Wilmington is the place to be, both for people and the moisture-loving pests who enjoy our warm and humid climate and moderate winters. Luckily there is no shortage of options for New Castle County pest control, and experts like the professionals at Delmar Pest Control can provide quality services to Wilmington and surrounding areas in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
Residential Pest Control In Wilmington
Delmar Pest Control provides licensed and insured home pest control services with a money-back guarantee. Whether you’re looking for perimeter treatments or help with a particular pest such as termites, bed bugs, or cockroaches, we can help you develop a customized approach to meet the needs of your home and family. Call today to schedule your free inspection. With our same-day service and 24-hour operator assistance, you can get fast relief from unwanted pests in no time!
Commercial Pest Control In Wilmington
Pest control is important for Wilmington homes, but it’s essential for Wilmington businesses. At Delmar Pest Control, we want to help you protect your investment, customers and employees, inventory, buildings, and your bottom line. We offer a variety of commercial pest control options, including:
- Pest Management Plans
- Perimeter Treatments
- Rodent Control
- Bed Bug Treatments
- Termite Inspections and Treatments
- Mosquito Control
- Wildlife Trapping and Removal
No matter what pest your company is facing, Delmar Pest Control can help. We will work with you to develop a pest control plan that works for your industry as well as your budget. We provide all of our customers with a money-back guarantee, same-day services, free inspections, and 24-hour support. Call today to see how we can help your business move forward.
What You Need To Know About The Dangers Of Wildlife In Wilmington
Wildlife may look beautiful and majestic when seen in a natural setting, but inside or near our homes, wildlife becomes nothing short of a hazard. Wild animals living too close by can threaten the health and safety of our families, pets, and property. Some of the species that are likely to become an issue in Wilmington include:
- Bats: Bats carry dangerous viruses and diseases like rabies. Our team can safely remove these intruders to protect your family as well as the bats.
- Squirrels: Squirrels are notoriously cute, but, inside your home, they can quickly become a nightmare. From shredded insulation to smelly waste and defensive behaviors, you’ll want to get squirrels out as soon as possible and preferably before they have a chance to settle in and nest.
- Raccoons: These masked bandits are not only thieves but also threaten the health and safety of your family and pets. Let the professionals at Delmar Pest Control remove raccoons from your property and help you with tips to avoid them moving forward.
No matter what species is making itself a nuisance on your Wilmington property, the professionals at Delmar Pest Control can help. Our expert technicians provide same-day, effective prevention and removal of wildlife pests. Call today to find out more about how we can rid your home of wildlife and the risks they bring to your property.
The Complete Guide For Keeping Rodents Out Of Your Wilmington Home
While sometimes categorized as wildlife, rodents are some of the most extreme pest invaders because, over time, they have become dependent on our homes and businesses to provide them with everything they need to thrive. Because of this history, if you want to keep rodents out of your Wilmington home, you’ll need to deprive them of their three main resources: food, water, and shelter.
- Food is a motivating factor for rodents. If they can’t access any in your home, they will be more than likely to keep moving to somewhere with a more accessible supply. Keep food stored in airtight containers, cover indoor and outdoor trash cans, pick up pet food after meals, and don’t leave bird food or other edible items out around your home.
- Rodents also need easy access to water. By keeping up on any plumbing issues that arise, maintaining your gutters and drainage system, running dehumidifiers as necessary, and draining standing water, you can eliminate this temptation.
- Rodents are secretive animals and require a good place to hide. Often this is our cluttered storage areas or debris in our yards. The more we can pick up and organize our belongings, the fewer areas mice and rats have to hide. Sealing cracks and crevices around your exterior walls and foundation is also an important step in keeping rodents out.
If you need help preventing rodents in Wilmington, or you have an existing population you need removed, the experts at Delmar Pest Control can help. Call today to schedule your first service or sign up for a free inspection.
Six Myths About Termites In Wilmington, You Probably Still Believe
Termites are well-known pests with a bad reputation, but is it deserved? Find out more about these pests by learning six common myths about termites.
1. Myth: Termites have no redeeming qualities.
- Truth: When termites live where they belong, in the forest, they are an important part of the natural life cycle because they help break down dead trees, which then enrich the soil and help things grow.
2. Myth: Termites are only active in summer.
- Truth: Once inside your climate-controlled house, termites can and do remain active all year long.
3. Myth: Termites in your home are easy to identify.
- Truth: Termites don’t come out in the open and they eat wood from the inside out, so it’s not easy to identify a termite infestation until it’s far advanced.
4. Myth: Termite damage is covered by homeowners’ insurance.
- Truth: Most homeowners’ insurance does not cover termite damage. That means you’ll have to foot the bill for all repairs.
5. Myth: DIY termite control will take care of the problem.
- Truth: You’ll find a lot of DIY termite control treatment ideas online, but most of them just don’t work. If using chemicals, you also risk that you’ll apply them incorrectly or in the wrong amount, which can be dangerous for your family.
6. Myth: One termite treatment is all you need to protect your home.
- Truth: Although one termite treatment provides a lot of protection, ongoing service is necessary to ensure the treatment is still effective.
Delmar Pest Control provides Wilmington homes with long-lasting termite control services and the ongoing maintenance necessary to ensure they keep working. Contact us to learn more.
How To Tell If Bed Bugs Have Invaded Your Wilmington Home
Bed bugs are pests that are a problem all over the United States. They are very good at traveling, which makes them hard to eradicate since they can easily move from place to place. If you’ve ever been worried about bed bugs getting into your Wilmington home, you don’t have to sit in that worry. Knowing the signs of a bed bug infestation will help you quickly identify if bed bugs are in your home. Signs of an infestation include:
- Seeing bed bugs in your house.
- Finding bug bites on your body.
- Noticing red dots on your sheets or blankets.
- Seeing tannish-brown streaks or stains on your sheets or blankets.
- Finding shed skins and egg casings.
- Smelling a musty odor.
All of these signs can be an indication of a bed bug infestation. You should look for them on your mattress, between your headboard and mattress, on your box spring, on upholstered furniture, in cracks in your floor, behind pictures on the wall, in dresser drawers, and even in electrical outlets. If you find any of these signs, contact Delmar Pest Control for bed bug control.
Expert Advice On Ant Prevention For Your Wilmington Home
Trying to get rid of an ant infestation can feel like a losing battle. No sooner do you squash two or three ants that four or five more show up in their place. Preventing an ant infestation is a better solution to ant control than dealing with an active infestation.
In order to prevent ants from getting into your Wilmington home, do the following:
- Clean out your pantry and cupboards, wipe up any spills or crumbs, and make sure to store all food in airtight containers.
- Remove food from the counters and wash dishes as soon as you use them.
- Repair any dripping faucets or leaking pipes.
- Reduce moisture by using dehumidifiers and ensuring good ventilation in your house.
- Seal up cracks and other openings on the outside of your house, no matter how small.
If your house is still experiencing ant problems after taking these preventative measures, you need the best pest control company for ants. Delmar Pest Control offers ant control services that will eliminate active ant infestations and prevent them from returning.
How To Identify Wilmington Spiders
When it comes to spiders, most are a nuisance. However, a couple of species in the Wilmington area are dangerous spiders. Knowing how to identify the dangerous Wilmington spiders can help you avoid a harmful bite.
Black widow spiders are shiny black spiders with round abdomens. They are best known for the red hourglass-shaped mark on the underside of their abdomen. Black widows are quite large, usually growing up to an inch and a half in size. They prefer to live in dark, secluded areas.
Brown recluse spiders are light brown and have a distinct dark brown violin-shaped mark on their backs. They grow to about the size of a quarter, including their legs. Like black widows, and as their name indicates, brown recluse spiders prefer dark, secluded areas.
If you find either of these spiders on your Wilmington property, or if you have other spiders causing problems around your home, contact Delmar Pest Control. We can take care of any spider problem, dangerous or not.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Excellent service and very professional. Highly recommend Delmar Pest Control.