Pest Control In New Castle, DE
Just south of Wilmington and on the banks of the Delaware River, our city has a lot of history and just as many attractions. However, for all the good we find here, there are also a number of factors that attract pests to our homes and businesses. Luckily New Castle County pest control has the answers. The professionals at Delmar Pest Control work hard to eliminate pests in New Castle and surrounding areas in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
Residential Pest Control In New Castle
At Delmar Pest Control, we have over 25 years of experience keeping pests out of New Castle homes. Our home pest control services are known for being both reliable, affordable, and highly effective. We offer residents a termite damage warranty, free inspections, guaranteed low prices, same-day services, and a money-back guarantee. Plus, our phone lines are manned 24/7, so call now to set up your free inspection.
Commercial Pest Control In New Castle
Just as homeowners need help keeping pests away from their residential properties, business owners need to be mindful of the pest pressures in New Castle. Whether you need preventative maintenance, rodent control, termite treatments, or help eliminating hard-to-beat species like bed bugs or mosquitoes, Delmar Pest Control can help. With a money-back guarantee, if you are not 100% satisfied with our results, you can't go wrong with commercial pest control from Delmar Pest Control!
A Handy Guide To Keeping Ants Out Of Your New Castle Home
There’s nothing like the sinking feeling of seeing an ant scurry across your countertop, knowing there are hundreds or even thousands more in its wake. Ants are some of the most troublesome pests in New Castle homes, and, once they make their way inside, they can be almost impossible to remove without assistance. The best approach to ant control is a proactive one. If you can keep ants from moving inside in the first place, you’ll save yourself both time and money. You can do this by focusing on the three factors that attract ants – as well as many other pests – food, water, and shelter.
- Food: Ants are looking for an easy meal. If you’re leaving crumbs or residue on countertops and tables after eating or preparing food, they won’t be long in seeking out. The same goes for leftovers. And the trash can be an absolute feast for hungry ants. Make sure you’re cleaning up on a regular basis and keeping trash cans covered.
- Water: No ants are going to want to live in a place where there’s nothing to drink. Fixing leaky plumbing, maintaining drainage systems, removing standing water, and using dehumidifiers can all help reduce this attraction.
- Shelter: Ants only invade if they can get inside. You can prevent a lot of unwanted pests by carefully sealing cracks and crevices, installing weather stripping and door sweeps, and keeping screens in good condition.
All these techniques will help you avoid an ant infestation, but none of them will be enough to eliminate an existing population. For that, it’s advised that you seek professional help from experts like Delmar Pest Control. We can work with you to identify the ants in your home and develop a customized solution to get rid of ants and keep them from coming back. Call today to find out more or to schedule your free inspection.
Three Things Everyone In New Castle Should Know About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are more common than you may think, and residents in New Castle need to be aware of a few important facts about these pests, including:
- Signs of bed bugs: Bed bugs are often thought to be to small to see, and while this is a myth, there are often other signs you are more likely to notice, including: reddish-brown stains on bedding and other furniture, bed bug egg casings or shed skins, itchy red bites appearing in lines or clusters, and a musty smell that grows stronger over time.
- Where bed bugs hide: While their name implies bed bugs spend all their time inside your sheets, they can actually live anywhere they have access to people. In addition to beds, you can find bed bugs in other furniture, cracks and crevices, behind electrical outlets, and even inside of small appliances. Their versatility is one of the things that makes bed bugs so challenging to combat.
- The challenges of getting rid of bed bugs: Aside from their hiding prowess, bed bugs can be nearly impossible to eliminate with DIY methods because they are resistant to many over-the-counter pesticides. They also multiply at astounding rates, with each female able to produce over 300 adults and 1000 eggs in under three months!
If you are noticing signs of bed bugs in New Castle, don’t delay in calling the professionals at Delmar Pest Control. Our highly-trained and certified technicians specialize in effective and affordable bed bug treatments. Call today and ask about our free inspections and same-day service to get bed bugs out of your New Castle home.
The Trick To Keeping Spiders Out Of Your New Castle Home
There are many types of spiders in New Castle. Most are simply a nuisance to humans, but a couple are venomous and dangerous to your health. Regardless of what species of spiders you find in or around your property, the fact remains that you don’t want them in your home. Spiders build webs and can indicate another pest problem; plus, they aren’t the nicest creatures to look at.
If you want to keep spiders out of your New Castle home, there are a few things you can do.
- Regularly remove any webs you find developing in your house and outside your home.
- Seal any small openings you see coming into your house.
- Reduce moisture both inside and outside your house.
- Replace your porch lights with yellow bulbs that are less attractive to spiders.
- Make sure you don’t have another pest problem in your home that might attract spiders as a food source.
The best way to fully protect your home from spiders is to get spider control services from Delmar Pest Control. Our spider control services protect your house with a treatment that keeps spiders out.
Why Stinging Insect Infestations In New Castle Should Be Left To Professionals
Eating dinner on your back deck isn’t much fun when wasps are buzzing around your drinks or landing on your chairs, and your kids won’t enjoy playing in the yard if they’re getting chased by angry hornets. If stinging insects are a problem on your New Castle property, it’s something you should be concerned about. Not only can they ruin your time outside, but they can also be dangerous. Stinging insect stings hurt, and if you’re allergic to them, you know how serious a sting can be.
Trying to eliminate a stinging insect infestation on your own is just as, if not more, dangerous than simply ignoring the problem. Stinging insects are programmed to attack any perceived threat, so if you go after their nest, you’re likely to end up covered in painful stings. Instead of risking a painful encounter with these pests, leave the stinging insect control to the experts at Delmar Pest Control. We can safely remove your stinging insect problem to protect your family and allow you to spend time outdoors on your property without the threat and annoyance of swarming stinging insects.
Five Signs Your New Castle Home Has A Cockroach Problem
Cockroaches are pests that you do not want in your New Castle home. These pests spread diseases like it’s their job; they breed rapidly and are very difficult to get rid of. Knowing what signs to look for to identify a cockroach problem in your house can help you determine if cockroaches are present so that you can take action to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Here are five signs that your New Castle home has a cockroach problem.
- Roaches prefer to stay hidden, but if you see even just one, you likely have an infestation.
- Cockroach droppings often look like pepper flakes but can be bigger and are typically found where they spend most of their time, such as under sinks.
- Finding shed skins indicates cockroaches are in your house.
- Finding egg casings indicates an infestation.
- Noticing a foul, musty scent is a sure sign you have cockroaches.
House cockroach prevention is the best way to avoid a cockroach problem, but if you discover any of the signs above, contact Delmar Pest Control right away. We offer cockroach control services that effectively eliminate even the toughest cockroach problems.
What To Do If Termites Have Made Their Way Into Your New Castle Home
Termites are a problem all over Delaware. They get into homes and businesses and eat any wood they can find, causing damage and weakening structures over time. Unfortunately, because the damage isn’t immediately noticeable, many termite infestations go unrecognized until the damage is severe.
If termites have made their way into your New Castle home, it doesn’t matter how early or late it is into the infestation; it only matters that you take care of it as quickly as possible. For termite control near you, you need the services of Delmar Pest Control. Our termite control services will eliminate active termite infestations and provide your home with the protection it needs so that you don’t have to worry about new termites finding their way inside. If you don’t have an active termite infestation, it’s the perfect time to protect your home from termite damage before it begins. Contact us to learn more.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Excellent service and very professional. Highly recommend Delmar Pest Control.