Pest Control In Maryland
With a diversified economy, some of the country’s most historic landmarks, and over 4,000 miles of shoreline, there are a lot of reasons for people to want to live here. Unfortunately, due to our coastal nature and humid climate, there are also a lot of reasons for pests to settle in, which is why it’s important to seek out quality Maryland pest control. The professionals at Delmar Pest Control serve Maryland as well as surrounding areas in Delaware and Pennsylvania, and we can help you keep pests out of your home and business.
Residential Pest Control In Maryland
Everyone deserves a home that is their sanctuary from the world, but a pest infestation takes away the security we’re meant to feel in our homes. Luckily, the experts at Delmar Pest Control are licensed, certified, and insured to help you take back your home from pests. For reliable and affordable home pest control that includes free inspections, odorless and non-toxic treatments, and same-day service, call Delmar Pest Control.
Commercial Pest Control In Maryland
Just as Maryland residents need to safeguard their homes from pests, Maryland businesses need to do the same. At Delmar Pest Control, we can provide ongoing commercial pest management regardless of your industry. We offer powerful protection against a wide variety of area pests and know how to solve pest issues and keep them from coming back. We are so confident we can keep pests out of your Maryland business that we offer a full money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with our services. Our operator is available 24/7. Call today to schedule your free inspection and get started with commercial treatments.
How To Tell If Your Maryland Property Has A Termite Problem
Termites are tricky to spot and often cause extensive damage before homeowners are aware of their presence. To catch a termite problem early, you need to be aware of some key signs of their presence, including:
- Mud tubes: Termites use these small tunnels to travel between different places without being exposed to the open air. They are about the width of a pencil and can often be seen on the foundation walls of affected homes.
- Termite swarmers: Reproductive termites, or alates, will emerge from the nests to mate and start new colonies in a process called swarming. Following the swarm, termites will shed their wings which are often found in piles around doors and windows.
- Blistering wood and peeling paint: Often, hints of termite damage resemble water damage. If you are noticing these signs and there’s no source of moisture, termites are likely to blame.
- Wood that sounds hollow: Termites consume wood from the inside out. If the wood in your home sounds hollow when tapped, termites could be the reason.
Unfortunately, all of these signs of termites appear only after significant damage has occurred. To identify termite issues before they become a significant problem, annual termite inspections from a professional termite control company are advised. The experts at Delmar Pest Control can help with both the prevention and extermination of termites in Maryland.
Three Easy Tricks To Keep Problematic Wildlife Away From Your Maryland Property
Wildlife animals are beautiful out in nature or at a distance, but on your property or inside your home, there is no end to the number of problems they can cause. From aggressive behavior to contamination and health risks and damage to your property, you’ll want to do your best to keep wildlife from settling on your Maryland property. The top three ways to do this include:
- Don’t feed them. This may seem obvious, but many people fail to realize that bird feeders attract more than just birds, outdoor pet food can be pilfered, and our trash can easily become a feast for hungry raccoons. To keep from attracting wildlife to your property, it’s important to really think about what sources of food are available, both the obvious and the not so obvious, and remove them from temptation.
- Wildlife needs water. Similarly, we can often offer wildlife ample sources of water without even realizing it. It’s important to mitigate standing water on your property as much as possible, maintain good drainage, and fix leaks as they occur.
- Don’t let them in. This one is easier said than done. Obviously, we don’t want to provide wildlife with ways to enter our homes, but they can often fit through the smallest cracks and crevices. It’s important to check over your property on a regular basis to ensure there are no new ways animals could be accessing your home. Be sure to check around utilities, eaves, and doors and windows.
If you can keep animals from getting too close to your Maryland property, you’ll be one step ahead. However, if you are struggling with a wildlife pest, the experts at Delmar Pest Control can help to safely remove any existing populations and prevent them from returning in the future.
Is There Anything I Can Do To Avoid Bed Bugs In Maryland?
Bed bugs in Maryland are very real and very persistent threats to our homes and businesses. Once thought to be eradicated, these nocturnal parasites have resurged in the United States and are now among North America's most common household pests.
Thankfully, you can do a few things to help avoid bed bugs in your home.
First, vacuum regularly and clean any clutter where they can hide. Second, seal any cracks or openings in your home where they could enter. Finally, consider using a mattress cover to protect your bed from an infestation.
If you think you may have acquired a bed bug infestation even with the help of prevention steps, feel free to contact the team at Delmar Pest Control for a comprehensive inspection process. Our team of experts will be more than happy to help you eradicate these pests from your home, offering a full-service package that meets and exceeds your expectations. It's the Delmar Pest Control guarantee!
Don't let bed bugs ruin your home or business. Instead, call Delmar Pest Control today for total bed bug control around your Maryland property.
Are Ants Dangerous To My Maryland Home?
Ants in Maryland are usually more annoying than they are dangerous. However, there are a few species of ants that can pose a threat to your people, pets, or even your property.
Fire ants, for instance, are a type of red ant known to be aggressive and deliver painful stings. These ants are not native to Maryland, although their presence in the area is common.
Another type of ant that can be dangerous in Maryland includes the carpenter ant. These black or brown ants excavate wood in order to build their nests, causing extensive damage to your home and surrounding property.
The best way to avoid the dangers posed by ants is to contact a professional pest control company like Delmar Pest Control. We will work quickly and efficiently to get rid of ants using the latest and most effective methods available, relying on years of experience and highly trained providers to address your concerns at scale. Complete one of our online contact forms today to get a quote for our services.
Is The Spider In Your Maryland Home Dangerous?
Although all spiders have fangs and carry some form of venom, the majority of arachnids in Maryland are not dangerous to humans at all. In fact, most spiders prefer to stay away from people altogether!
There are, however, a few species of spider that can pose a threat to your health and safety. The black widow spider and the brown recluse spider are two examples and have been spotted numerous times around residential buildings and business properties. These venomous spiders can be found all over Maryland, although they are shy by nature and only bite humans when threatened.
Regardless of their typical behaviors, risking a spider bite is never in your best interests. If you think you may have found a dangerous spider around your Maryland property, get in touch with Delmar Pest Control right away. Our team of experts will be able to identify the spider in question and determine whether it poses a threat to your loved ones. Plus, our spider control service can be easily adapted to meet your needs and seamlessly scheduled on a recurring basis to prevent future infestations.
Ready to learn more? Call now for details.
Five Stinging Insects Every Maryland Resident Should Know About
Stinging insects can be a real problem in Maryland, especially for those with sensitive allergies. There are five major species to keep on your radar:
- Bees: Although bees are necessary for pollinating crops, they can become a real nuisance when they build their hives on your property. If you're allergic to bee stings, it's best to call a professional rather than risk getting stung.
- Wasp: Wasps are also necessary for the pollination of crops, but they are much more aggressive by nature.
- Hornets: Hornets are the largest species of stinging insect on this list, and their stings can be quite painful when in sensitive areas of skin.
- Yellow Jackets: Yellow jackets are an extremely common type of wasp known for their attraction to sweet foods.
- Carpenter Bees: You're not likely to be stung by a carpenter bee, but it can and will happen if the pest feels threatened.
In order to avoid the dangers posed by stinging insects around your Maryland home, contact the seasoned professionals at Delmar Pest Control. Sporting years of combined experience and dozens of five-star reviews, we are a local pest control team that can get the job done right.
Learn more about stinging insect control for your property by calling us today.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Excellent service and very professional. Highly recommend Delmar Pest Control.