Pest Control In Hockessin, DE
Nine miles northwest of Wilmington, Hockessin is the perfect place to raise a family, shop, and enjoy the outdoors. There's a lot we have going for our town, but we still face the same pest pressures as our neighbors across Delaware and Pennsylvania. The professionals at Delmar Pest Control are experts in New Castle County pest control and are ready to help you with all of your residential and commercial pest control needs. For fast relief from unwanted pests, call our 24-hour service line.
Residential Pest Control In Hockessin
At Delmar Pest Control, we strive to provide our customers with the best residential pest management services at an affordable price. Our highly-efficient pest control solutions are customized to meet your particular needs so that you are getting the right service for your home. When you call Delmar Pest Control, you can expect the following:
- Free inspections
- Same-day service
- Odorless & non-toxic treatments
- Live operator available 24/7
- Fully licensed and insured technicians
- Money back guarantee
We are an independent, family-owned business with over 25 years of experience, and we want to help you keep your home free of pests all year round. Call today to schedule an inspection and speak with our experts about your home pest control needs. We provide top-of-the-line services to Hockessin and surrounding areas in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
Commercial Pest Control In Hockessin
Commercial pest control is an important investment for your Hockessin business, but it's only effective if your services are high-quality and responsive. Delmar Pest Control offers homes and businesses a full money-back guarantee with our services. If we don't solve your pest issues, you don't pay a cent.
Our commercial services include a variety of pest control and wildlife control solutions, including:
- Pest Management Plans: Our ongoing plans include regular treatments and monitoring to keep your business pest-free year round.
- Perimeter Treatments: These treatments prevent pests from invading your outdoor environment, thereby safeguarding your entire property.
- Rodent Control: Our commercial pest control services will keep your company free of the hassle, danger, and damage rodent infestations entail.
- Bed Bug Treatments: Bed bugs can be impossible to get rid of on your own. At Delmar Pest Control, we have the advanced tools, products, and training to eliminate infestations and keep them from coming back.
- Termite Inspections and Treatments: Annual inspections can save your company both time and money. Regardless of whether you have an active infestation or are trying to avoid one, our technicians can help.
- Mosquito Control: Even the largest of properties can benefit from our mosquito control solutions.
- Wildlife Trapping and Removal: Once on your commercial property, wildlife is both a nuisance and a hazard. From health risks to property damage it's important to safely remove wildlife from your property.
Don't leave commercial pest control to chance; Instead, partner with the experts at Delmar Pest Control. We'll ensure pests don't make a dent in your Hockessin business!
What's The Difference Between Wasps & Hornets In Hockessin?
There are a number of stinging insects to be aware of in Hockessin, and it can be helpful to know who is who. The interesting thing about wasps and hornets is that all hornets are wasps, but not all wasps are hornets. This is because hornets are a specific subset of wasp species. The most common include the European hornet, bald-faced hornet, and cicada killer. In general, hornets are larger than wasps growing around an inch in length, and wasps are brighter.
Both wasps and hornets are beneficial to the environment. They help with pollination and control the population of nuisance species such as aphids and caterpillars. While they are all stinging insects, hornets are known for having a more aggressive nature and fiercely defending their nests. You can protect yourself and your family from wasps and hornets by enlisting help from Delmar Pest Control's stinging insect control.
What Hockessin Residents Ought To Know About Effective Spider Control
The number one thing to know about effective spider control is that it requires effective insect control. While removing spider webs can be an important step in deterring spiders, the only reason these arachnids have for entering your property is their hunt for insect prey. If you are struggling with a spider infestation on your Hockessin property, there is some other pest drawing them in – whether you can spot them or not.
The experts at Delmar Pest Control can get rid of your spiders as well as the pest prey that is attracting them and keep both from coming back. Call or visit us online to find out more about our residential pest control options, and be sure to ask about our money-back guarantee and schedule your free inspection.
Four Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For West Chester Homeowners
West Chester homeowners are all too familiar with the presence of ants. These six-legged pests are a real nuisance in our yards and gardens and a serious destructive force when allowed into our pantries and kitchens.
Do you need some ant prevention tips for your West Chester property? Start with one of these four handy ideas:
- One of the best ways to prevent ants from taking up residence is to keep your property clean and free of debris. Regularly sweep your porch and walkways, rake up leaves and yard waste, and remove vegetation from the sides of your home.
- Eliminate all entry points. Seal up any cracks and crevices around windows, doors, and wall gaps, then add new door seals and weatherproofing. If possible, replace older or tattered screens with newer, more solid designs.
- Make sure your food is properly stored in sealed containers, and immediately clean up any spills or crumbs. Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly to deter ants and other pests.
- Partner with a professional ant management company like Delmar Pest Control. Our team will work with you to identify potential problem areas, then design a customized management plan that works for your unique needs.
For more information on preventing, mitigating, or treating current ant populations, contact Delmar Pest Control for some extra assistance. We're here to help you enjoy a pest-free West Chester property!
What Every West Chester Homeowner Should Know About Bats
Contrary to popular belief, bats don't usually drink blood, aren't actually blind, and don't stalk the night in search of human prey. In fact, these creatures are extremely beneficial to the environment!
Did you know that:
- Bats consume enormous quantities of insects, including many that are considered pests. A single little brown bat can eat up to 1,000 mosquitoes in a single night!
- Bats play an important role in the pollination of many plants and flowers. Plus, the guano (droppings) bats produce is an excellent natural fertilizer.
- Bats can sometimes infest areas they shouldn't, including homes and businesses. While unintentional, they can cause serious damage to rooftops and chimneys and may even spread disease.
- It's not possible to remove bat infestations on your own. Not only are they incredibly sensitive animals, but many are endangered, and you cannot legally remove them without professional support.
Are you currently struggling with a bat infestation around your West Chester home? You can get pest control for bats with just a quick phone call. The team at Delmar Pest Control will be happy to provide high-quality bat control services that resolve problems of any size, removing pesky infestations without endangering the species in question.
Call today for a comprehensive quote.
How To Know If There Is A Bed Bug Problem In Your West Chester Home
Many homeowners in West Chester struggle to identify the symptoms of a bed bug problem. Many bites and welts look similar to those of a bed bug, and without the proper training or exposure, it may be hard to distinguish a spider bite from a potential bed bug infestation.
There are three ways to tell if there is actually a bed bug problem around your house.
First, look for the presence of bed bug droppings or feeding blotches. You might find these red or brown spots on pillowcases, sheets, mattresses, or even couches.
Next, sniff the air for anything that smells off. Many bed bug infestations carry a characteristic sweet or musty odor. The scent may be concentrated in one room or spread throughout the house or building.
Finally, keep an eye out for any live bed bugs in the house. These small insects are flat, oval-shaped, and reddish-brown. If you find any of these around your home, it's time to give us a call.
Secure your bed bug treatment from Delmar Pest Control today.
How Are Cockroaches Getting Inside My West Chester Home?
Cockroaches in West Chester are becoming harder and harder to remove, and they can be almost impossible to eliminate once they've decided to settle down. Species such as German roaches are experts at hiding and reproducing, and their populations can quickly spiral out of control if left unchecked.
However, infestations do not start without reason. There may be some ways that cockroaches are getting inside your West Chester home, endangering your property in the process.
Start by checking the home for any cracks and gaps. Seal these up immediately to prevent any further insects from getting inside.
Next, make sure that all food is properly stored and sealed. Cockroaches are attracted to the scent of food, and leaving any out will only make the problem worse.
In order to identify all entry points and possible attractant factors, it would be wise to partner with a cockroach removal expert such as Delmar Pest Control. Submit an online contact form to book an inspection today.
Hockessin Homeowners Guide To Avoiding Bats
Bats in Hockessin are one wildlife animal that is hard to evict once they move into a home. Try these tips to keep them away:
- Landscape meticulously. To discourage bats from entering attics, scale back all trees and plantings that they could potentially use as a bridge for entrance.
- Seal off entry points. This step might be a little more challenging, but it’s very necessary. Close off any crevices with steel wool, expanding foam, and wire mesh.
- Decorate. Hanging shiny objects like aluminum foil and mylar balloons may keep bats away, as they don’t like these things.
- Get help. Bats are potentially dangerous pests that can lead to issues like histoplasmosis, so consider working with a trusted expert.
At Delmar Pest Control, we provide reliable bat control in Hockessin that incorporates safe bat relocation by licensed specialists. We also work with our customers on the ways that they can prevent bat problems in the future. For more information on bat prevention, call us today.
How Bed Bugs In Hockessin Get Into Our Homes
If you’ve noticed a bed bug problem in your Hockessin home but wondered how it got there, there are many different scenarios that may prove true. Bed bugs are parasitic hitchhikers, so they get around by affixing themselves to a host. For bed bugs, a host may be used furniture, but it can also be your personal possessions. And because bed bugs can live anywhere that they have access to people, some of the most common places to encounter them are hotels, movie theaters, medical facilities, warehouses, office buildings, and schools. If you decide to bring home used furniture, be sure to inspect it thoroughly, as this is another common way that bed bugs spread.
Another potential scenario for how bed bugs can get into your home can be as simple as having a neighbor with an infestation. Bed bugs can maneuver between shared walls in apartment buildings very easily. It’s also possible that a coworker of yours has bed bugs and unknowingly brought them into your workplace, only for you to bring them directly back to your home. For complete bed bug protection, call Delmar Pest Control today.
Four Clear Signs Your Hockessin Home Has A Cockroach Problem
Your Hockessin home might develop a cockroach infestation at one time or another, and if this happens, you may find it difficult to identify. Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures and they usually stay out of sight of people. This can make identifying an outbreak challenging, but it’s a very important task. Here are four clear signs that might indicate a problem in your home:
- Seeing adult cockroaches or cockroach nymphs, either alive or dead
- Finding things like eggs, eggshells, shed body parts, and pepper ground-like fecal matter scattered around countertops
- The increased presence of venomous spiders, like the black widow, that feed off of cockroaches
- An unpleasant smell that resembles moldy fruit that is actually cockroaches signaling to one another that your home is ripe with sustenance
If you spot any of these signs in your home, the best thing to do is enlist professional cockroach removal in Hockessin from Delmar Pest Control today. We are the area’s trusted pest experts and we treat every home as an individual. To ensure your complete safety, we even guarantee the results of our work. To learn more about the benefits of cockroach control in Hockessin, call us today.
What You Should Know About Mosquitoes In Hockessin
One of the most important things for you to know about the mosquitoes in Hockessin is that they’re seasonal pests. What this means is that they appear during a specific time of year and will return year after year at that time. Mosquitoes begin to appear in the middle of spring and can last throughout the early days of fall. You are likely to spot them most frequently during the summertime because that’s when temperatures and humidity levels are at their peak. Mosquitoes require these conditions in order to lay their eggs, which is why they become so prevalent during this time. They prefer areas of standing water to lay their eggs, but piles of wet leaves and yard debris will suffice as well.
The female mosquito requires human blood in order to lay her eggs, which is part of the reason why you might end up with so many annoying bites. Your genetics are primarily responsible for whether or not mosquitoes find you attractive. That said, things like the color of clothes you wear, how much you sweat, and whether or not you use scented laundry detergent can also potentially impact how attracted mosquitoes are to you. It’s also important to know that some mosquitoes can pass along the pathogens that cause West Nile virus, Eastern equine encephalitis, and other health issues if they’re already infected. They can also spread heartworm to your pups as well. For more information on mosquito control in Hockessin, call Delmar Pest Control today.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Excellent service and very professional. Highly recommend Delmar Pest Control.