Birdbaths In Wilmington Can Be A Breeding Ground For Mosquitoes
August 10, 2022
Mosquitoes around your property can be a nuisance, and populations of this pest can be worsened by the presence of birdbaths in your yard. To keep mosquitoes away from your home and stop birdbaths from becoming breeding grounds, you should reach out to our Wilmington pest control company and follow our mosquito prevention tips.
Do Birdbaths Attract Mosquitoes?
Birdbaths are a significant attraction for mosquitoes because they contain several inches of undisturbed water. Mosquitos in Wilmington look for breeding grounds consisting of still water, and birdbaths are the perfect location for them to lay their eggs. Over time, these eggs will hatch, and the mosquitoes will use the birdbath water repeatedly to breed more mosquitoes, creating a significant problem around your yard.
It is essential to be aware of water features on your property and their potential to turn into mosquito breeding grounds if you want to keep mosquitoes out of your yard for good.
Three Things You Can Do To Keep Mosquitoes Out Of Birdbaths
To effectively keep mosquitoes out of birdbaths on your property, you can implement the following prevention steps. You should also remember that the best way to control mosquitoes around birdbaths and your yard is to seek assistance from our professionals at Delmar Pest Control.
- Change the birdbath water frequently, as this can help you remove mosquito eggs. Once laid in the water, these eggs can take between seven and ten days to mature; changing the water every five to six days interrupts this cycle.
- Treat standing water for mosquitoes by using store-bought birdbath products. These items will kill mosquito eggs for a certain period while being safe for birds to consume if they drink the birdbath water.
- Put an aerator or an agitator in your birdbath. This will keep the water moving and make it inhospitable for mosquitoes looking to lay eggs.
These simple techniques can help keep your birdbaths mosquito-free. Contact Delmar Pest Control for more mosquito solutions.
What Is The Best Way To Kill Mosquitoes In My Yard
If you want to kill mosquitoes in your yard, you can implement the following prevention tactics and ways to repel mosquitoes:
- Reduce debris in your yards, such as woodpiles, leaf litter, and fallen branches, in addition to keeping the grass trimmed low and cutting back overgrown foliage or shrubs. This will reduce moist and shady areas that mosquitoes love to hide in.
- Eliminate areas of standing water from your yard. It only takes an inch of water for mosquitoes to lay their eggs, so make sure to be thorough and address any potential yard drainage issues.
- To deter mosquitoes from stopping by your yard in the first place, utilize plants such as citronella, marigold, and rosemary around your property. Mosquitoes hate the smell of these.
The best way to eliminate mosquitoes is by investing in ongoing mosquito control with the help of Delmar Pest Control. Our experts can reduce mosquitoes and keep their levels low throughout the season.
Delmar Pest Control: Effective Mosquito Control in Wilmington
Besides proactive prevention, the most effective pest control in Wilmington is assistance from our professionals at Delmar Pest Control. With help from our experts, your yard can benefit from customized mosquito treatment solutions and a drastic reduction in mosquitoes on your property. Trust our specialists and reach out to Delmar Pest Control today.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Excellent service and very professional. Highly recommend Delmar Pest Control.
Contact Delmar Pest Control Today!(302) 658-5010
Get started with reliable pest management solutions in Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.